Sunday, August 5, 2012

Olympic Ramblings

I have enjoyed watching the olympics this past week so much. I gave up sleep just so I could watch until the end of the broadcast each night. While watching, I have had several thoughts in my head.
I am amazed by these athletes and what they can accomplish.
My first rambling is this, If I was just in the olympics, I would be so proud, but I get kinda mad when some of this athletes when downcast when they win the silver medal. I mean, goodness you were 2nd in the olympics that is a very big deal. Did you forget that you beat out all the other competitors in the semifinals, the heats, and other qualifiying competitions just to make it to the olympic final race.  I watched the final of the 1500M swimming final where a 15 year USA guy was in it. He was not "on paper" within medal possiblities but this young guy saw that thing hard and saw that whole thing under 15mins. That was 30 laps! He was fourth! Yes, he didnt get a medal but He did his best. 4th in the Olympics is not bad to saw when you get back to school. I am so happy when you see athletes celebrate a bronze, because that it how it is suppose to be. A medal in the olympics is icing on the cake from just making it to the olympics. I know all the athletes train hard and train to win to gold, they should not hang their heads in shame on returning back to their home countries without a medal. You did your best and the world watched it. Be proud!
And this leads into my next rambling, this athletes train so hard. They make so many so sacrifices just to have a chance to compete in the Olympics. Like a mentioned earlier, they have to qualify in so many competitions. They give up time with their families and friends, move away from their homes to train with certain coaches/places, endure injuries/surgies , spend tons of money and etc. all so they can follow their passions. I have so much resect and admiration for them. I thought to myself, wow I dont know if I could compete to my passions that much, but then I remember I did! Not it such a grand ways, but I moved away from my family to go to school and now, I am really far away:) But I am doing what I love. My family is so proud. I didnt give up when I faced obstacles.
And last rambling for the night, is this alot of the commetary I keep hearing is that part of the competitions is mental and when things go wrong not to let it affected them mental. I know some of that is true. But there is also a spiritual aspect, God has given these competitors a physical gifting to be able to do these sports.  I believe the athletes that get to prideful/arrogant and think that it is their ability to get themselves that far, are putting themselves in alot of danger spiritual.You have to remember that we are not own, we have been bought by the biggest sacrifice of all.  For an athlete to have a humble heart is so not the norm for sports today. I have seen several athletes on both ends of the spectrum this week. It upsets me when I see the arragance in some of them.
My computer battery is running on empty do this is the end of my rambling tonight
Anyway, back to watching more of the Olmmpics!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this. You have a lot of grown up wisdom at your age. Could not be prouder.
    Love you bunches, Nana 8/09/12

    ReplyDelete