Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Alaska State Fair

On sunday, a friend and I went off to Palmer, a hour drive north of Anchorage, to go to the State Fair. It was not a very pretty day. It was cloudy, rainy, and a little cold( about 50ish) aka GA "winter" weather:) We left about 10am and got there about 11am. We walked around and looked at all the exhibits and the booths. We went and saw all the animals and the agriculture displays. They were pretty cool. We looked at all the art and bakery enteries. I was really impressed with some the artwork. I ran into some of my coworkers while we were looking at the artwork. They told me that another coworker of ours was going to be out with her dog in a Fly Ball demostration a little later in the day. So, we went over there when she was suppose to me on. I ran into several more co-workers so we were in the little cheerleading section. I really wanted to check out the Our Life:Live healthy exhibit. In it is displayed real humans, who have donated their bodies to sciene and have been preserved with plastication techniques. I loved it, but i am science geek. They would not let take pics in that exhibit so I dont have any to share, but I have alot of all the other fun stuff. But I am having a slight technical diffculty with all the pictures so check out facebook as I get them uploaded. I had a great time at the fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment