Saturday, June 4, 2011

What a Day!

I know I have been a laxed about keeping everyone informed of my activities in the last little bit. But, to be honest I have not done anything,  but work and sleep.  I was working from sunday night to wednesday morning. By thrusday night, i was still very tired and didn't want to go out. Plus, with Graham working nights it was hard for me to go out when he had the car. This month I have moved to working from Fri night to monday morning. I will be able to be more awake during the week this month. Anyway,
today Graham and I went out to the downtown market that is held every weekend til about Sept. It was fun. It is fun to look at all the vendors and sample some of the food. Then, we went to the frozen yogurt shop in the downtown mall. I got a milkshake and Graham tried out the King Bowl. I did get a picture of it, but I haven't uploaded it yet. It was a waffle cone shaped in a bowl with the top dipped in chocolate and sprinkles. We then went on the renassiance festival. It was really fun. Graham was wearing his batman jacket so all the characters were attracted to him. We played some of the games-we go prizes for just playing. I got Graham a funny mask for a one game where he tried to toss bean bags through cutouts. Then another, we both tried to throw darts to pop ballons on cutouts. I got to pick out a bracelet for that one. We watched some of the shows, walked around the "living village"-information area about how the peasants of that time era actually lived- In this village, there was a candlemaker, blacksmith, metal worker, surgeon, house builder, ale maker, and etc. They explained their tools and how they would make their livelihood.-and we walked around the other booths. We talked to the othe characters and "town folk." Graham got a giant turkey leg which he couldn't finish at the fair so we brought it home. It tasted really good. It was a really fun day to be outside even though it was overcast, a little cold, and drizzled a few times. It was nice to get out of the apartment.
Now, I am planning on some fun things to do for my birthday in a few weeks. I know, i am going to go to the special screening of The Lord of the Rings extended editions in theaters. See fandango.com for more info, but it is a three week event started with the 1st movie on June 14th. I am thinking of possible going hiking but that depends on the weather and Grahams schedule. I am hoping to meet some new people in the nex few weeks as I am able to go and investigate churchs and church groups. So maybe I can get ideas from them. I have also started to ask around at work for fun ideas too.
Anyway, I need to get some sleep before I go to work later on tonight.

1 comment: