Thursday, May 26, 2011

I have been busy with work or too tired to write a blog lately. But, I am finally found time to update everyone. My work is going very well. I assisted in CPR of an animal, but that story ended sadly. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with all the paperwork, but somehow I am able to get everything done before the end of my shift. I am getting to know my coworkers and become friends with them. Because next monday is Memorial Day and I am working I will get time and half. So more money is always nice:)
I do really enjoy that fact that I only work three days out of a 7 day week. In June, though, I will be working fri-sun so I won't have any weekends free. But, I will be able to check out more college-age groups because I haven't be able to check them out this month just do to schedule conflicts. We haven't found one that works with both our schedules that we both really like.
The weather is great up here. It has been mostly in the 60's during the day and in the 40s at night-but we haven't had much night. The sun rises about 4am and is setting close to 11-11:30pm. Next month during the summer solstice the sun will not set. It is called the longest weekend of the year. After that point the length of sunlight will decrease until the winter solstice when we won't get sunlight for a while. So, with all this sunlight, sleeping at night really has not been a problem for me on the nights I dont work. Because I sleep during the day on those days, the sunlight doesn't bother me. Sometimes I do have a problem waking up and having a problem going back to sleep because I have been awake during those times before on previous nights. But, I have found a way to help that problem so i am getting enough sleep on the nights I am not working and enough sleep during the day when I am working. I am studying for my national exam for my vet tech license. I should be able to take the test in July. I think I will get a pay raise after I get my license. I am ready to take it and that will be the last test in this area for awhile.
I am looking for  a car, furniture for our apartment, and a desk and a bookshelf for my bedroom. I am waiting for the best deal on everything, and gathering up the money for those things.  I want to be wise and use my money wisely.
Life is going well and everything will fall into place.

1 comment:

  1. glad you are loving it there :) I enjoyed our little talk the other day :) love you sis!

    ReplyDelete