Thursday, April 21, 2011

I am still enjoying my job. It is an adjustment to get used to working 12-hour shifts, but I am slowly getting there. I like everyone there and I am getting to know them. We are getting along. I am going to be moving onto night shift within the next month or so. It is going to take a little while to get use to working 9p-9a, but I can do it. It is also let me have alittle bit more "set" schedule. I will work three days in a row and have four days off. Right now, I have been spread out since I am new and still in training. But, everything with my job is going great.

Graham and I have explored downtown Anchorage over the last week or so. It is pretty cool. There are lot of neat shops and stores. We were even able to go see the coast. Right now, it is mostly ice. It doesn't look very picture worthy. But we plan on going back once all the ice has melted and the trees are green. We went down to the coast today, and I touched to water. It is really cold! I did find two rocks that look really close to a kidney beans. Graham found a rock that is totally smooth and round. I also found these really tiny pine cones. I will get pictures of these up soon. We found a really nice ice cream shop that we both liked.

Last week, we checked out two different college/young adult groups. We really liked one and plan on going back next week. It reminded me alot of the NCC group. There was a great pastor who is the leader. Everyone was genuine and there was a tangible sense of welcoming and unity. I had to work this week the night that they meet. The other one we checked out, we really did not like. It was just terrible-There was no leadership or even unity within the group itself. We were extremely uncomfortable for the entire meeting. As soon as it was over, we left without talking to anyone.

Graham has been looking for a job. He had an interview last friday at Office Depot. He almost has the job. They are just waiting on results on a background and then he is hired. He is being offering full-time with benefits, so he is real excited about that.
Yesterday, he went to the dentist and had to have a tooth pulled, but he is really better. He had a upper molar removed. He has to go back next week to remove the sutures.

I opened a new bank account here and I got a free lunch tubberware. I got pretty excited about it. This bank looks pretty cool. Hopefully, it will be good.
Today, we went down to the DMV to get AK licenses. We had to take a 20 question written test. We could get 4 wrong and once we got 16 questions right we were done. I did get 4 wrong, but I passed. So, I got my AK drivers license(pics up soon), but Graham got 5 wrong. He can go back tommorrow to retake the test. But, in his and mine defense the questions were not really cut and dry questions. They were more questions about what things were implied, and they were worded very weird. For example, we both had two similiar questions
 The question was what does the posted sign of 55mph mean?
a-you can go 55mph
b-you can go less than 55mph
c-you can go greater than 55mph

So, you think the correct answer is A, but actually what the computer said was the correct answer was b.

But, everything is going great. We are looking forward to moving into our new apartment a week from sunday. We can't wait to actually be able to cook again.
Everything is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment